You have no items in your shopping cart.
Careers at Kunstadt Sports
Shop Mechanic Staff position
The Shop Mechanic Staff position is a fun and challenging position that allows you to share your love of bikes or skis with customers and co-workers in a real shop environment. Because we’re an entrepreneurial company with plenty of ways to grow and build a career we expect every employee to take initiative and give our customers a helpful and meaningful experience. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; provides “wow” customer service.
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs in a timely manner.
- Advises and assists customers with their product selection without bias.
- Communicates with store manager regarding repair and warranty part needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced. Assists with bike sales and any other bike floor duties as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the store manager.
- Previous bike mechanic experience and bike knowledge is a must.
- Ability to be autonomous, prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction well.
- Ability to create an excellent customer and team experience.
- Good time management skills.
- A sense of urgency and ability to hustle.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.