The Elan Ripstick 106 is the most interesting 100 mm plus waisted ski we've skied in a long time, here’s why;
It RIPS hardpack like a 95 mm waisted ski and initiates turns super easily.
Its super easy to swing around and it floats just like you’d hope a 106 mm waisted ski would.
When we first skied this ski, we along with several other retailers got an all black pair of skis and we were not informed of dimensions (I suppose we could have measured) Elan’s point was to prove that it skied on harder snow like a much narrower waisted ski than it actually was, the majority of us here were convinced it was around 95 mm in the waist, finding out it was 106 was crazy. The easy going woodcore with carbon tubes has plenty of horse power on a smooth chasis when you push the pedal to the metal but until you do it's a forgiving ski that is super obedient. Easy to control and floats really, really well an interesting characteristic for a ski that grips this well on hard pack. The Ripstick 106 is a ski for those that like it on the wider side and want 1 ski that can do an awful lot really well. TSM approved.
PS. George and Eric are responsible for the name of this ski.
SST Sidewalls - Tip to tail ABS sidewall construction for direct power transmission.
Elan Ripstick carbon core
Tubelight - 2 Carbon tubes measuring 5 mm in diameter run tip to tail and parallel to the sidecut of the ski. In turn you get some amazing power when you want it.
Amphibio Profile - Tip and tail early rise gives the skis better float and a surfier feel in varying snow conditions. There is also a right and left ski, the inside edge has more camber for better grip while the outside edge has more rocker for smoother turn initiation.
Rocker Camber Key
Rocker Camber Rocker Ski Profile
Vaportip Inserts - Think weight reduction, less weight in the tip and tail means a more nimble ski and a smooth ride.
The Elan Ripstick 106 does not come with a binding. We recommend you use a binding that will accommodate your skiing needs (backcountry, touring, all-mountain,etc.). We recommend a brake width of 110 mm - 115 mm depending on binding manufacturer.
Recommended Binding: Marker Jester with 110 mm brake.
Shipping is done using regular shipping options and may take up to 9 days to ship depending on location.
- We currently only ship within Canada. If you wish to purchase a product outside of Canada please contact us and we may be able to provide a solution for you.
- Shipping prices will be based on the total price, weight and dimensions and urgency of your order.
- We use carrier calculated shipping rates. All rates are provided from the respective courier company.
- Shipping times are estimated and may vary depending on circumstances. Whenever possible, we will send you a tracking number with each order verification to the email address you provide when your order is placed. We are not responsible for any emails not received to due to circumstances that are out of our control, including but not limited to spam filters, incorrect email address etc.
- We currently ship using Canada Post and FedEx for all deliveries, If you wish us to use a different shipping method, contact us using our contact form.
- The information provided to Canada Post is subject to verification. Therefore, if items actually presented to Canada Post are inconsistent with the information provided (incorrect category, volumes, weights, preparation, missing surcharges etc.), prices may be adjusted and/or additional charges added as provided for in the Customer's Agreement with Canada Post. The Customer agrees that such price changes are to be automatically applied through the same method of payment chosen by the Customer for the Order (credit card or Canada Post account), with no further notice required to the Customer from Canada Post.
Specializing in snow sports, cycling and tennis equipment. At Kunstadt Sports, you will find all the equipment required to excel at your sport during all four seasons.
Kunstadt Sports specializes in ski, bike and tennis equipment. We service all makes and models of bicycles, we tune skis & snowboards using Wintersteiger machines and equipment. At all three locations! Every day of the year, you can get your hockey or figures skates sharpened while you wait..
Kunstadt Sports has been stringing racquets since 1988.
Kunstadt Sports had started in 1988 in the basement of the Kunstadt home in Kanata. After five years of serving customers in our family home and developing our customer base, we signed our first lease in Kanata at 462 Hazeldean Road in 1993. Soon, the business expanded and we had been able to purchase the Kanata property. In 1999, we acquired our second location at 1583 Bank Street. Our latest expansion took place in the summer of 2009, when we opened a store in the Glebe in an historic building which housed the popular Olympic Ski & Tennis Shop for over four decades. We look forward to carrying on the tradition of selling sports equipment for many decades to come at our three Ottawa locations.
Read more about the History of Kunstadt Sports here: