Sidecut WC Base Bevel Guide
Introducing the all-new SIDECUT Professional WC Base Bevel Guide. Available in 4 degrees, these precision instruments are used to create the utmost accurate 0.5º, 0.7º, 1.0º, or 1.5º base-edge bevel on your skis and snowboards. Our NEW precision CNC machined Base Guides are made of anodized aluminum, stainless steel and delrin and best of all they boast an 'industry-first' design that accepts Diamond Discs.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- A World first innovation that allows you to use SIDECUT Diamond Discs, Diamond Stones, files & ceramic stones on the base-edge.
- Each guide comes with a never seen before, unique SIDECUT embossed 'wedge' used to secure your whichever SIDECUT disc, stone or file you desire.
- Replaceable anti-friction 'D gliders' made of Delrin that track along your edges and can be rotated up to 4 times to prolong wear.
- Interchangle 'stainless steel glide plates' (sold individually) in your choice of 0.5º, 0.7º, 1.0º, and 1.5º increments giving you the most precise base-edge angles.
- Each glide plate is laser embossed specifying the degree of angle, won't wear from use and prevents you from attaching the incorrect bevel glide plate.
- All components 100% CNC precision machined and made in North America.
- Made of the highest quality anodized aluminum (the body), stainless steel (glide plates) and Delrin (edge guides) and machined to the strictest tolerances because accuracy is paramount.
- You will without question see and feel the superior quality once you use one.
CHOOSING BETWEEN 0.5º, 0.7º, 1.0º and 1.5º BASE BEVEL GUIDES
0.5º - Used on all skis/boards and all slalom skis. For advanced to expert racers who pure carve the majority of their turns and like aggressive and responsive turn initiation and grip.
0.7º - Used when a 0.5º base bevel is a little 'too aggressive' or 'too catchy' for you. Used typically on younger skiers under 14 and most expert All-Mountain skiers and boarders (our recommended 'default' bevel). You may also use on the first 5-20 cm of skis for easier turn initiation while 0.5º is used for the remainder of the edge to the tail.
1.0º - 1.5º - Used for SG/DH skis, for younger ski racers, free-ride, recreational and terrain park style skiers. For those who want easier steering and turn initiation and don't like that catchy feeling. As above, you may also use the 1.0º guide on the first 5-20 cm of skis for easier turn initiation and the remainder on 0.5º or 0.7º degrees for example. Also used frequently by ski teachers working with lower end clients where steering skills are crucial, freeriders, and for the park and pipe. Recreational skiers commonly prefer 1.0º to 1.5º for all around use because it allows the skis to steer easier.
Shipping Time Estimates
Shipping time is an estimate provided by our shipping providers. The estimated arrival time begins when the courier picks up your purchase. Items coming from multiple store locations may take a while to be gathered and prepared for shipment.