Virtually no cyclist is one-dimensional enough to fall into a single category. Commuter, weekend rambler, long-ranging tourer, crit masher — we tend to cycle through disciplines like a chameleon cycles through shades of green. Given this tendency to wear different hats, POC is expanding its line of cycling kit so we can match those hats with use-appropriate shorts. The Fondo Women's Short Tights are a nod to the rides where we're counting road-side cafes, not intervals, and the most competitive part of the day is a toss-up between the state line sprint and the hustle to the coffee shop counter. After all, not every ride is race day, and sometimes a slower pace just provides a better opportunity to appreciate the joy of pedaling a bicycle.
The shorts are made with a synthetic blend that's based on polyamide (nylon) instead of polyester and features a lower percentage of elastane than POC's racing kit. The trade-off is less stretch, so the Fondo isn't as painted-on as aerodynamic racing shorts, but more durability, so it holds up better under the abuse of long days in the saddle. The Fondo's four-panel design allows POC to map the body's contours without constriction, and the high, stretchy waist and partial silicone leg grippers keep the women-specific shape in place.
The included Fondo WO chamois is built with the same silicone VPDS inserts found in POC's Aerofoil racing bibs, but the padding is shaped for long-mile comfort while in a more upright posture. This is yet another indication that the Fondo Short Tights are for sportives, base miles, and the like, rather than a frenetic hour spent in the drops while rocketing through 90-degree corners in a downtown crit circuit. The Fondo WO chamois still benefits from the same strategic support, vibration reduction, and airflow channels, just with a less-aggressive posture in mind.
Cycling shorts for the days you just want to spin
High nylon content provides supportive hold
Women's specific fit eschews bibs for a high waistband
Silicone details inside of leg cuff preserve fit
Chamois designed for upright, relaxed riding posture
Shipping is done using regular shipping options and may take up to 9 days to ship depending on location.
- We currently only ship within Canada. If you wish to purchase a product outside of Canada please contact us and we may be able to provide a solution for you.
- Shipping prices will be based on the total price, weight and dimensions and urgency of your order.
- We use carrier calculated shipping rates. All rates are provided from the respective courier company.
- Shipping times are estimated and may vary depending on circumstances. Whenever possible, we will send you a tracking number with each order verification to the email address you provide when your order is placed. We are not responsible for any emails not received to due to circumstances that are out of our control, including but not limited to spam filters, incorrect email address etc.
- We currently ship using Canada Post and FedEx for all deliveries, If you wish us to use a different shipping method, contact us using our contact form.
- The information provided to Canada Post is subject to verification. Therefore, if items actually presented to Canada Post are inconsistent with the information provided (incorrect category, volumes, weights, preparation, missing surcharges etc.), prices may be adjusted and/or additional charges added as provided for in the Customer's Agreement with Canada Post. The Customer agrees that such price changes are to be automatically applied through the same method of payment chosen by the Customer for the Order (credit card or Canada Post account), with no further notice required to the Customer from Canada Post.